Monday, February 28, 2011

The Academy Awards

So, I watched the Academy Awards, with a few other Americans last night. I really enjoyed it. I thought there were more pros than cons to the event, such as, Alice in Wonderland won best costume design and best set design. I loved that movie! I was pleased with most of the awards, including the Black Swan Awards. However, we all know what people rave about regarding the Oscars - the dresses! So, I have decided to write down my own thoughts, then Google the fashion experts to see if I'm in line with what they say. I thought it would be fun.

Best Dressed:
Anne Hathaway: I think she looked amazing all throughout the night, and her personality made the dresses even better.
Reese Witherspoon: Classy, love the cut, and your hair was awesome.
Mila Kunis: I thought she was beautiful, and the dress accented her perfectly.
Hallie Berry: She just looked amazing.
Hilary Swank: I loved her flowing, feather-like dress. It made me happy.


Worst Dressed: 
Cate Blanchett: I don't even know what to say about this dress. You should have stuck with something from Lord of the Rings. Yes, it would have been re-worn, but not looking recycled from Easter candies.

Jennifer Hudson: Did you tan yourself? I swear I see tan lines...where there should not be tan lines. You have beautiful color as it is, and you seriously have me wondering if you tan. Please never wear that low-cut of a dress to the Oscars again, it is tacky girl.

Helena Bonham Carter: Girl, I love you, and I love every movie you're in. I also love your husband's work more than I can state. However, I was not loving your outfit. I know it's edgy like you and all, but leave it at home hun. We know you're crazy and all, and we love you, but keep the crazy clothes in the closet.

Marisa Tomei: I know what you were going for, but you missed. The dress was really unflattering and fit very awkwardly. I thought you could have found a much better vintage dress. At least it was black, and helping with thinning.

Annette Bening: You looked beautiful sitting down, but standing up your dress just like a sea of sparkles hanging off your body. The dress did not give you much shape or figure. The hair was slightly scary too.


Here are some sources that agree or disagree:

http://www.moviefone.com/oscars-academy-awards/photos/worst-looks

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-20037207-10391698.html

http://www.holymoly.com/celebrity-news/oscars-2011-top-10-best-worst-dressed-red-carpet53614

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment